Being a Harry Potter myself means I know full well how passionate we all are about this fandom. If you ever wanted to know a bit more about someone, ask them these Harry Potter questions and watch as they light up with intrinsic love for their favourite characters, fierce loyalty for their heroes and outright hatred for their villains.
These are the 10 questions to ask a Harry Potter fan!
- Have you had your Hogwarts letter yet?
- Which Deathly Hallow would you choose and why?
- You can kiss one of the Hogwarts students in Harry’s year – who will it be?
- Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?
- Who was your favourite Marauder?
- Which three of the Hogwarts lessons/classes would you love to try?
- Which death in the series was most heart-breaking?
- Of the 7 books, which is your favourite one?
- Which of the movies was the best adaption?
- If they remade the movies in the next 15 years would you watch them?
I have decided that I am going to answer the questions for myself below, if you’d like to read my answers then carry on down…
- Have you had your Hogwarts letter yet? – Nope! I am utterly convinced that it has been lost in the owl mail and that it will arrive one day! Until then I will keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.
- Which Deathly Hallow would you choose and why? – A tough question! I know it would be most obvious to go for the Elder wand because it wields so much power and you could, essentially, perform all kinds of magic. But I wouldn’t trust myself to not get carried away. I’d take the Cloak of Invisibility instead; I think I’d find that very useful and could just melt away into the background when things got too much!
- You can kiss one of the Hogwart’s students in Harry’s year – who will it be? – Right then! Obviously we’re assuming we’re all the same age and not weirdly generations apart! I would just have to choose Neville because he is soo cute.
- Which Hogwarts house do you belong to? – If you speak with me regularly you will know that I was always a Gryffindor, right up until I became a mother! After having a baby I took the Pottermore sorting again and ended up with Ravenclaw – and that’s where I now seem to fit.
- Who was your favourite Marauder? – This is so easy. Remus Lupin. No doubt. No question. I adore him and his cardigans.
- Which three of the Hogwart’s lessons/classes would you like to try? – Defence Against the Dark Arts for sure! Plus Transfiguration and Charms.
- Which death in the HP series was most heart-breaking? – Albus Dumbledore. Without a doubt, that death destroyed me. I cried. I balled. I firmly believed that it was a ruse and that J.K. Rowling would use her magic to restore him in the final book. It still makes me cry. Remus Lupin’s death was just so sad, leaving little Teddy behind. And in the movies, Sirius’ death is devastating too – because of the impact it has on Harry.
- Of the 7 books, which is your favourite one? – I struggle with this. I love them all. I especially love Philosopher’s Stone, Prisoner of Azkaban, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. Most days I fluctuate between Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix as my favourites.
- Which of the movies was the best adaption? – Wahhhh I can’t pick! I love them all, really. I think Goblet of Fire left out a lot, and was significantly different which I find annoying. Deathly Hallows in two parts was good, and there are some little additions between Harry and Hermione that I love. Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix had the best match in tone and style. Can’t pick!
- If they remade the movies in the next 15 years would you re-watch them? – Honestly? Yes. I am trash for Harry Potter. I would re-watch them for sure. Would I love them? Maybe! But I can’t imagine anyone else playing those parts so it would be really weird!
There you have it! My brief answers to the 10 questions to ask a Harry Potter fan! Give them a go yourself and let me know some of your answers in the comments 🙂
Lots of love,
PS. There’s loads more Harry Potter goodness on my instagram feed so come on over to check it all out.